Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baking failure :(

Well, I had promised everybody that I was going to bake my Granny's recipe today, so I did. I spent hours and hours on it. My back is still hurting terribly. And what do I get at the end? They all smell like eggs....urghhh.

This was my second time trying this. The first time came out really good, but I don't really know what went wrong where :( ... I wanted to cry.

Here is a picture of some of the cut pieces.


It looks good, but it's a stinker... still delicious though.

Any how, as for my poor little (well, not so little) spider, Charlotte ( I know, it's such an original name); We had really strong gusty winds. It caused some of the dried leaves of the lemon tree to fall on the web, and they tore it completely. The web is gone. I'm taking it as an omen that she should really get going. It's time for her to start weaving a new one... in a new home. Now if only I knew where to take her...?? I have an idea of how to do it, but don't really have a location for her. I think I'll try the local park. They have really nice large trees there, but what if she likes lemons? Maybe it has to be a fruit tree? Hmmm... who else has a lemon tree around here ?... nah, just kidding, I wouldn't do that to the ugly Mrs. I don't have very bug friendly neighbors.

Well, I promise to move her tomorrow, specially since the weather is going to get warmer than today. It'll still be a little cold for me; around 57 degrees... brrrrr, but hopefully it won't be as windy. I'll give the update tomorrow..... stay tuned.

No comments: